cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Charger LC-E6E

Lynnea1941
Contributor

I can't seem to find any place in the U.S. which sells the charger LC-E6E (connect with cord).  I have found a couple of places in Germany which sell it.

I was mainly interested in getting this charger as it is a bit awkward charging two batteries at a time with a small travel 4 plug travel outlet I have.  The LC-E6 base is just too big for two chargers to be plugged in side-by-side.

Does anyone know why this product isn't readily available in the U.S.?  I can't even find it on Canon's web site. 

Lynnea

5 REPLIES 5

@Lynnea1941 wrote:

I can't seem to find any place in the U.S. which sells the charger LC-E6E (connect with cord).  I have found a couple of places in Germany which sell it.

I was mainly interested in getting this charger as it is a bit awkward charging two batteries at a time with a small travel 4 plug travel outlet I have.  The LC-E6 base is just too big for two chargers to be plugged in side-by-side.

Does anyone know why this product isn't readily available in the U.S.?  I can't even find it on Canon's web site. 

Lynnea

I know this is an unsatisfactory answer, but it probably has to do with the fact that U.S. outlets are not recessed, as they are in Europe. The cordless version of the charger might not be usable in Europe, even with an adapter.

But why not just bring along a short extension cord for the second charger? It's a clumsy solution, but it should work.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I used my old IDs Mark II charger (with cord) in Europe,  I connected it to a four plug power strip, which was connected to a converter, and that worked. 

The problem is that the base of the Canon 6d Mark II battery non-cord charger battery charger is too wide to be able to put two chargers side by side on the power strip. I was hoping to be able to use two plugs (with cords) on the small power strip.  BTW, it is just impossible to find a 4 plug power strip for traveling.  I bought this a few years ago, and it is just is not available at a reasonable price: Monster MP OPG400 BK Outlets To Go Power Strip--4 AC Outlets - Black.

Since the Monster MP 4 plug outlet has two plugs on the front side and two plugs on the back side, I can easily put one non-cord charger on the front side and one non-cord charger on the back side; the power strip is then connected to the converter, and charging will be OK. 

I will just have to limp along with an awkward arrangement.

Thanks for the advice, though.

Lynnea

These Canon chargers use a two prong rather than a grounded three prong plug so any cheap extension cord with the end that has one or two outlets on both sides will be fine for plugging in two chargers simultaneously.  Around $6 at your local big box home store or via Amazon.

You Canon charger doesn't need anything made by Monster or any of the other oxygen free, cyrogenically treated voodoo products foisted at high prices onto clueless members of the audio market.  

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I totally understand the fact that the power strip doesn't need to be fancy, but the Monster model is, however, very compact and has 4 plugs so that is a huge plus for traveling when space is a concern. 

I just wish the cord model for the Canon charger were readily available in the U.S. 

I think something like this would work well.  It is a 1 foot short cord which is very compact and I had one very similar to this when I was doing a lot of international travel:  https://www.amazon.com/Maximm-Cable-Extension-Multi-Outlet/dp/B071KH19DQ/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=152...

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements