cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF point disp. not disabling on Canon 7D

woltehrtl
Apprentice

I'm trying to use it as a webcam to stream with, but when I plug it into a clean HDMI, it shows the AF box. I find the setting that's supposed to turn it off called AF point disp. but when I check the live feedback, it still shows the box no matter what. How can I fix this and get rid of the box?

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Switch the lens to MF

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wolterhrtl,

The EOS 7D is not able to output a clean HDMI signal, so there will always be some onscreen indicators like the AF box in the HDMI feed from that camera model. If you want to have a clean video feed we would recommend using a USB connection with our EOS Webcam Utility.

That software is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the gray Drivers and Downloads button and the current version on Windows is EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 Windows and the current version on Mac is EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 macOS.

Once that is installed restart the computer to finalize the installation. When the computer is done restarting connect the camera and computer with a USB cable, open your conferencing or streaming service, and when you go to select the camera in your conferencing or streaming service there will be the option for EOS Webcam Utility. Select that and it will start using the clean video feed from your camera.

Announcements