cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90d too dark in HDR

Jlames
Enthusiast

I’m really having issues with the 90d In-camera HDR. My subject is an interior room in afternoon light with large windows for natural light. Using a manual lens, I’m setting up for AV assuming if I set the ISO to 100 and the f-stop to 8, I’ll only need to be concerned with shutter speed. Using spot metering, I note that the dark is coming in at 0”8 and the bright is at 1/5, I’ve set up for both 3 and 5-shots at +-2ev and the resulting hdr image in both shots come out well-exposed for the highlights but too dark in the remaining areas. Am I doing something wrong or is the hdr function known for this?

Sent from my iPad

62 REPLIES 62

Ahh, I see. OK, let me go try this. Be right back and thanks so much for your patience and help.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0300036243/02/eos90d-ug2-en.pdf
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'm setting up Dropbox now so how can you access them?

Just put the image files in here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbZ1-n4phlmgf7YL0?e=PJB8sy

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

It's saying I need a Dropbox business account (which I don't have)  Put images in my OneDrive link above.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

OK, they're there.

Photo Merge in LrC.

HDR-Camera Club Stroke Border-2.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Well, see now thats a little more like it! Boy I'll be glad when the countertops come it. Thank you, John. I just with the camera could do that internally!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes.

Since aperture is an area device doubling aperture is two f/stops. A 1.4 factor on aperture is one stop.

2 times 1.4 is 2.8 and one stop.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements