cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5DS R - Replay button frequently fails to work

heffa
Apprentice

I don't get an error message - just a blank screen when I press the "Replay" button to display my last photo.  Sometimes it will display an older photo than the most recent, but usually it's just a black screen.  I've tried turning the camera off and on, removing the battery, etc., without success.  When this happens, it will sometimes work intermittently, but fails more often than not.  I also find the problem is more common when I'm using the camera for a length of time -- like at a wedding yesterday.  Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is the card access light flashing when you hit the button?

No, this will happen when the light is not flashing.  It's not a matter of my rushing to preview a photo before the camera has had a chance to store it on the memory card.  When it's failing like this, I can wait a couple of minutes before hitting the replay button and will still get a blank screen.  And the screen is not the problem either (or so it seems)... if I press a menu button, the menu will display on the screen.  It's only the replay button that fails to get anything to display.

I'm planning on selling this camera, but don't want to pass a problem on to a potential buyer.  So I'm trying to figure out how to remedy this cheaply... or disclose it and sacrifice some of the selling price.  Any advice is welcome.  Thanks.

Announcements