EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EF-M lens roadmap?

So after seeing Nikon's recent announcement and even them showing the roadmap for future lenses, I was curious about canon. I know canon hasn't released a full frame mirrorless yet so it's not their top priority but I was seriously considering gettin...

Good everyday/walk around lens for a APS-C?

Made a huge long rant of a question but I'll shorten it for ease. 80D right now, wanting to go to 6D MKII probably in a year. Wanting a EF so I can move up with it. Wanting something to replace the kit lens but not replace a 24-70mm focal range. Woul...

Rajjones by Apprentice
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

New or used?

What is your experience purchasing used Canon lens? Any insights on what to look for and best vendors/sites? Am looking at lens on sale for $1,799, but see used models (100-400mm L series) for $900 from some sellers

Mjump54 by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Minimum Focusing Distance Question

Newbie to the Camera world so thanks for the great info. I bought a Canon 50mm F/1.8 for portraits based on other chats and very happy with it, but I am curious to understatnd why I have to stand further away then for the F/1.4. Probably very basic, ...

Kenny101 by Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

How many of you needed warranty work on body/lens?

So, I just picked up a 6d ii. I’m not a professional photographer, but want to get into photography as a hobby.My question is really regarding the reliability of canon bodies and lenses.How often do they fail? Are people regularly having to send equi...

chamunda by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

pet photography

just dabbling into pet photography. i have the standard lens it came with 18-55mmi would love to do portrait and fun photos .. spend time at humane society’s get dogs cats adopted .. lots of dogs and cats don’t stay still so one that does great with ...

Resolved! Which telephoto lens to invest in?

I shoot lots of wildlife, landscape and equestrian pictures. I have a Tamron 150-600mm lens but want to invest in good Canon zoom. In your opinion, which would be better - the L series 70-200mm or the 100-400mm? I would also likely pick up the 1.4 ex...

Mjump54 by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon L Lens vs. Sigma ART Lens

Currently saving up for a new lens, and I'm debating between a L Lens and ART Lens.(any range between 20mm to 35mm or 85mm). I mostly shoot portraits, cityscape, landscape, portrait, and night photography. However, I want to hear y'all's experience w...

EF-S lens with a speedbooster?

I have a canon m50 and a EF to EF-M speedbooster. I was looking at purchasing the EF-S 55-250mm STM but then I realized that EF-S lenses only work correctly on cropped APS-C sensors. How would this lens work on my setup, the m50 has an APS-C sensor b...

emiway by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lens Suggestion

Good Morning..I am looking for recommendations for a lens. I have the 70-200, but need something that will work when I am sitting off center of the net in basketball (there is not a lot of room from the court lines and wall) and also for weightliftin...

GreenFly by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 24-70mm

Im having this issue. I have a canon 6d and was using a 24-70mm. it gave me the eror101 between lense and camera. i tried to do the Fstop high and fstop low. it fixed the error. (so far) but i notice when i look in the viewfinder. it looks dark and w...

jorge319 by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements