cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildlife lens for EOS Rebel T7

Kokoko
Contributor

Hi, I have recently been into wildlife photography. I purchased the canon rebel t7 kit with the 75 to 300mm lens. It was good at first but then I started wanting sharper images, faster autofocus, image quality, and less chromatic aberration. Do you know if there are any lenses that would attach to the canon t7 that have the things listed and be able to take some sharp action shots of wildlife. I would also like a lens with 300mm or more. My budget would preferably be under 300usd. Thanks so much

18 REPLIES 18

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Unless you go used, $300 is not going to get you longer focal lengths than 300mm.   e.g. both Sigma and Tamron have 100-400mm lenses at around $800 new.  Canon's offering in that focal range runs around $2,000 new (current sale price).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Listen buddy, thanks for the info but you aren’t much of a help to me. I clearly stated that my budget was 300 USD and if you wont listen, I might have to block you. Good day sir. Cheers from Australia 

Good luck then.  Just because you don't like the current set of answers on this thread, doesn't mean they are incorrect.

--
Ricky

Dude i said my budget was 350. Are you seriously putting me in the wrong? You recommended me a 2000 dollar lens

Nowhere did I recommend a $2,000 lens.  My original post stated "Unless you go used, $300 is not going to get you longer focal lengths than 300mm."

i.e. if you want a focal length beyond 300mm and can only spend $300, you'll need to find a used lens.  The other prices I had listed out was to point out a few examples of new lens prices where focal length can reach above 300mm (to show perspective on why $300 wasn't enough if wanting a new lens).

Even if you raise your budget to $350, my original statements still apply.

--
Ricky

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Disregard. Operator error. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

OP has a Rebel though (EF mount).

--
Ricky

You are correct. Got confused with another posting. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For the T7, you are indeed limited.  You are going to need some additional budget.  The Sigma or Tamron  150~600mm is worth your consideration, but both are above your stated price point. 

The T7 is a entry level camera with 9 AF points, we generally recommend to a beginner who is looking to learn and acquire basic photography skills.  Thats not to say it cannot take nice photos, it does. I also recommend you look into a good tripod or stabilizer.  Focusing on small objects when zoomed isn't easy and small movements can cause blur in your photos.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements