cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildlife lens for EOS Rebel T7

Kokoko
Contributor

Hi, I have recently been into wildlife photography. I purchased the canon rebel t7 kit with the 75 to 300mm lens. It was good at first but then I started wanting sharper images, faster autofocus, image quality, and less chromatic aberration. Do you know if there are any lenses that would attach to the canon t7 that have the things listed and be able to take some sharp action shots of wildlife. I would also like a lens with 300mm or more. My budget would preferably be under 300usd. Thanks so much

18 REPLIES 18

Alright thanks. I was considering buying the Nikon 300mm f4. Would there be any adapters to connect the two?

Confused by why you'd want to add a 300mm Nikon F mount lens when you already have a lens that can reach that focal length.  There are adapters for Nikon F mount to EF, but who knows how that will really work out.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I was considering buying the Nikon 300mm f4."

On the list of bad ideas that would be right at the top! 🤔

" My budget would preferably be under 300usd.

This is going to be a huge hurdle to jump over if you are thinking lens is the only option. A good post editor will do way more for you than a $300 dollar lens. CA can easily be dealt with using the free from Canon DPP4 editor and shooting in Raw format in your Rebel T7. Lens correction can be done and you can enhance IQ to a degree. The fact DPP4 is free also lets you can put that $300 bucks in the piggy bank until you can save up and afford a real game changing lens like one of the 150-600mm super zooms form Sigma or Tamron.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have the budget of an unemployed 15 year old. I done have much time. I am going on a trip early this spring an I wont have the time to save up.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Keep in mind one of the 150-600mm zooms will have nearly a 1000mm FL effect on your Rebel T7. And buddy boy that is some serious focal length in anybodies book. Tripod worth for sure!

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Download DPP4 from Canon. It is free. Learn to use it and you will see a huge improvement in your wildlife photos.

This is lightyear's way better idea and course of action then a $300 dollar lens.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Oh and be sure to change your file format in the Rebel T7 to large Raw. Never use jpeg again.

EB

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Some of the new AI powered photo apps have the capability for upsizing images. You can download free trials and see if they will work for you. 

As Ernie pointed out, none if the $300 options you are looking at will do anything more rhan waste your money. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I think you have received all the replies you are going to get from us. Do as you wish and good luck.

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements