cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenses Compatible with My EOS-1D Mark IV

Rescuelouemt408
Contributor

Hi everyone my name is Louie and im a novice photography seeking the way to professional

Hi my name is Louie and im looking for a lenses compatible chart for my camera.

39 REPLIES 39

I wish that I could find lenses guide that allows me to know what lenses I can use with my 1d mark iv camera. Or an all around lenses for the 1d mark iv and rebel xs.

Your 1D Mark IV can use any EF lens. But it cannot use EF-S, RF, RF-S or EF-M lenses. They will physically not mount on your 1D Mark IV. Using Full Frame lenses on an APS-C camera will work. But you will find that you won't have ideal focal lengths.

-Demetrius

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

What all round lenses do you recommend for my 1d mark iv 

Usually for a Full Frame camera the kit lens is either the 24-70mm or 24-105mm. The usual 3 lens lineup for Full Frame or APS-H is the 16-35mm, 24-70mm or 24-105mm and the 70-200mm.

-Demetrius

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Thank you

The 1D Mark IV is an EF mount camera with an APS-H size sensor. This sensor has a 1.3 crop factor, so it is smaller than a full frame sensor like the 1Ds, 1D X, 5D or 6D has, but larger than the  1.6 crop factor in the 7D series, XXD series or Rebel series (in the US), or XXXD or XXXD series in Europe and Asia.

Any EF L series lens, non EF-S Canon branded lens or third party lens designated for full frame cameras will work.

Third party lenses identified as “Canon mount” will fit, but many model are only designed for APS-C crop sensor bodies; they will generally produce vignettes images since they won’t cover the full sensor size.

The 1D Mark “X” series of bodies were very popular. They were initially developed for sports/journalism photographers back when WiFi was scare. Photogs shot RAW on the CF card and JPEG on the SD cards. Runners would pick up the SD cards periodically, or after a big game play, for example, so images could quickly be downloaded to a computer and uploaded on line. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Yeah thanks. How long have tou been a photographer.

Since 1964. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Hello, welcome to the forum.  Canon USA released a series of videos a few years ago about the different lens types.  For Canon branded lenses, you would want Canon “EF” lenses, not “EF-S”.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp-znpQge8HwHTOCwSAo04osDXFZx54Bw 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I want thank everyone who responded to my chat. I m thinking about purchasing a lens that I can take indoor family photos and outdoor sports lenses but I don't know which one can do both and not cost me a lot of money. Can someone direct me please.

Announcements