cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens won’t go on canon eos r6

Gia
Apprentice

I got a brand new canon eos r6 and lenses to go along with it but one of my lenses won’t go on while the other works fine. How can I get it on? It’s the canon zoom lens ef 75-300mm 1:4-5.6

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon (mirrorless) uses an RF mount.  You can use your EF lens with the R6, but you'll need an adapter.  

They make 2

Mount Adapters | Mount Adapter EF-EOS R | Canon USA

Mount Adapters | Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

The R6 is an awesome camera, the EF 75-300 lens is nowhere near that quality. I strongly recommend replacing it and getting either:
RF24-240 lens - no adapter needed, and OIS works with IBIS see a review with video HERE 
RF 100-400 If you want to stick with at least the same zoom range: review and video HERE 
If you prefer to stick the the EF mount, and get an adapter, then check out the EF 70-300 range (which you can likely pick up relatively cheaply) see my own reviews HERE 

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements