cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focus broken on 15 mm

Rileyy42
Apprentice

The auto focus on my second hand 15 mm fisheye was broken when I bought it which wasn't a problem but now the af is stuck on and I can't se the manuall focus. Now I can't take pictures with it unless I'm 3ft away from the subject because that's where it's stuck. It's my favorite lens and I'm wondering if it's an easy fix I could do myself or if it'd be worth the money to take it in somewhere and get it fixed

9 REPLIES 9

Tim
Authority

Hello Rileyy42, 

I understand that the focus seems broken on your EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye.  The good news is that Canon provides repairs on this model so we can evaluate that lens for you and get it back up and focusing great. 

Since you have access to the Internet, you may wish to fill out a repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

http://www.usa.canon.com/repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Go to the lens rental blog and look at the teardowns of some of the Canon cameras. Taking a lens apart is not for the faint of heart.

I do not recommend it!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Rileyy42 wrote:
The auto focus on my second hand 15 mm fisheye was broken when I bought it which wasn't a problem but now the af is stuck on and I can't se the manuall focus. Now I can't take pictures with it unless I'm 3ft away from the subject because that's where it's stuck. It's my favorite lens and I'm wondering if it's an easy fix I could do myself or if it'd be worth the money to take it in somewhere and get it fixed

Let the Canon repair services take a look at it.  Your lens will be returned in pristine condition, as if it were new.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Let the Canon repair services take a look at it."

This is not only good advise it is the only advise to consider.  I assume it is a Canon lens?  If not this isn't good advise.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1 wrote:

This is not only good advise it is the only advise to consider.  I assume it is a Canon lens?  If not this isn't good advise.

Canon apparently makes a 15mm f/2.8L fisheye, but their Web site was unable to come up with a dealer who sells it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

B from B,

I have some doubt it is a Canon lens.  Perhaps it is.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

B from B,

I have some doubt it is a Canon lens.  Perhaps it is.

The Canon Web site lists it. It just can't come up with a dealer who sells it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Canon apparently makes a 15mm f/2.8L fisheye, but their Web site was unable to come up with a dealer who sells it.

I thought it had been discontinued, and superseded by the EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Zoom Fisheye.

[EDIT]  If anyone wants to see specs, B&H has a couple of used ones. Canon Fisheye EF 15mm f/2.8 Autofocus Lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Zoom Fisheye

Got it. I love it. Smiley Wink  It is an absolutely great fun lens to use and play with.

EB
Announcements