cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon seems to be sending a message on their development priorities...

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

In the latest posts so far form DPR, Canon have apparently announced that they are planning to release 32 RF lenses over the next four years.  With a commitment like that, and a limited supply of resources, I think one can say that the roadmap for Canon is firmly set on MILCs.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Not just MILC bodies, but the specifically the RF Mount.  

I wonder that the means for the EF-M mount.  The EF-M mount is not as popular in the US as it is elsewhere around the globe. I have no idea why that is because those bodies match up very against the Sony A6xxx bodies, LUMIX, Fuji and others.  It is probably why the camera line has not been discontinued, yet.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I wondered about that too...  The announcement certainly only indicates new RF lenses, it leaves open to speculation what will happen on other mounts, though I agree that Canon have not exactly rushed to maintain their development of the EF-M mount.  Perhaps they saw a specific market, feel like they have filled it and have moved on - that would mean no further lenses perhaps, but I would have expected them to up the performance of their camera bodies.  It's rather an odd one...

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements