cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ts9521c doesn't print after downloading old

violetta
Apprentice

Recently I downloaded CanoScan 5000/5000 F CD-ROM to test if this excellent scanner was still working. But I had to remove the TS9521C b/c it sprang into action each time I tried to scan with the CanoScan 5000 which never functioned after all that. So then I removed the 5000 & redetected the TS9521C, but it will not print from my word program although it did print successfully a test page.

Any geniuses here?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the printer is connected via wifi, you can proceed.  If connected by USB, disconnect the cable before moving to the next step

Remove the failed (non-functioning) printer from your computer.  Uninstall any drivers or applications which remain for it.

Restart your system.

Download the installer or driver applicable for your operating system.

Canon Support for PIXMA TS9521C | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Run the installer, follow its prompts.  Do not reconnect the printer until prompted.  If you are using wireless and the printer is connected to your wifi network, it should be detected.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm connected via WiFi but surprisingly it doesn't asks for a password through the multiple times I've reinstalled (after removing) the darn "drivers"! The most it prints is what they confusingly refer to as "Test Page" which is just the word Canon in Red! Nothing works - fit to be tied!

Also the old Manual CanoScan 5000, 5000F that was recently installed with the CD-Rom together with other useless goodies such as ArcSoft Photo Studio 5, Presto! Page Manager 6, ArcSoft Photo Base 3 resist being removed & just smile at me.

Announcements