cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ts6120 acts like it's printing, but doesn't

CindyAB
Apprentice

Hello - I have a setting issue with sending jobs to my pixma.  At first I thought it was an ink or print head issue, but I can print from my work laptop fine.  I've deleted the printer, manually downloaded the whole driver package and software, even tried to plug in via USB to check for a wifi issue, but nothing has changed.  Paper goes through as if it's printing, but the head doesn't move.  Thoughts on what to try next?  This printer isn't that old, and the ink I just bought is genuine, expensive!

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Just to confirm, you can print from another laptop correct? If this is narrowed down to once device, could you let us know what version of Windows or MacOS the device is running. 

We look forward to your reply. 

Hello,

I replied to your questions on 1/29, but may have posted instead of replying directly to you.  Is there a software issue?  Download that could fix my problem?

Yes, I was able to print from another laptop via wifi.  I a running windows 10 (see specs below), and have downloaded the driver, but the printer loads the paper, printer head is moving and sounds like it's printing, but nothing on the paper.  There is a new black ink cartridge installed (canon).  It happens with both wifi and usb

CindyAB_0-1675525985057.png

CindyAB
Apprentice

Yes, I was able to print from another laptop via wifi.  I a running windows 10 (see specs below), and have downloaded the driver, but the printer loads the paper, printer head is moving and sounds like it's printing, but nothing on the paper.  There is a new black ink cartridge installed (canon).  It happens with both wifi and usb

CindyAB_0-1675024092453.png

Hi,

Since you are able to print correctly from another device it looks like the issue is with that one computer. Go into the system preferences on your Windows device and then select View Devices and Printers. 

From there remove the Canon printer that is listed and then restart your computer.  After the restart, click HERE and download/install the TS6100 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 and try to print again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have followed these steps and continue to have no ink/print on the page.

Announcements