cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR7022a doesn't show ink levels

bradthetechnut
Enthusiast

With 2 previous PIXMA printers, I'd get an onscreen pop-up showing ink levels on PC monitor when printing.  Seems like it also happened when I first got the current TR7022a.  Now, I have no way of seeing ink levels.  Couldn't find a way to look without printing either.  Any ideas?

OS = Win10

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Brad! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you are unable to see the ink levels for your PIXMA TR7022a on your computer.

You should be able to see the ink levels through the Printer Status window if the TR7000 series MP Driver is installed on your computer. To access this window, please follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the Windows symbol (normally the left-most symbol on the bottom bar of the computer screen) and select RUN from the window that opens.
  2. In the Run window, type “Control Printers” without the quotation marks and then click OK.
  3. When the Devices and Printers window opens, Right-click on the icon for the TS7000 series and select PRINTING PREFERENCES.
  4. Click on the Maintenance tab in the top of the Preferences window.
  5. Click on VIEW PRINTER STATUS.
  6. Check the ink levels in the Status window.

If you are unable to find and open the Printing Preference window for your printer or find the Printer Status option in the Maintenance tab, I recommend that you reinstall the TR7000/TS7400 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02. It is available on the following website.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-tr7022a

When the website opens, click on the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS option to the right of the picture of the printer. Then, make sure the website is detecting the proper Operating System and Version. After that, scroll down and click on the LOAD MORE option to find the TR7000/TS7400 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (last one listed).

If you are unable to install the MP Driver on your computer, I recommend you check the ink levels on the printer’s display. You’ll find instructions for that in the following section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TR7000%20series/EN/UG/ug-128.html

Information about checking the ink levels on a Windows computer can be found in the following section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/TR7000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_ink.html

If you need more help, please tell us how the printer is connected to your computer. Is it connected wirelessly or with a USB cable?

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

View solution in original post

I also put Canon TR7000 Series shortcut on my desktop.

I just realized I didn't look down far enough in the IJ Printer Assistant Tool.  View Printer Status is lower left:

bradthetechnut_0-1675986622047.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Brad! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you are unable to see the ink levels for your PIXMA TR7022a on your computer.

You should be able to see the ink levels through the Printer Status window if the TR7000 series MP Driver is installed on your computer. To access this window, please follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the Windows symbol (normally the left-most symbol on the bottom bar of the computer screen) and select RUN from the window that opens.
  2. In the Run window, type “Control Printers” without the quotation marks and then click OK.
  3. When the Devices and Printers window opens, Right-click on the icon for the TS7000 series and select PRINTING PREFERENCES.
  4. Click on the Maintenance tab in the top of the Preferences window.
  5. Click on VIEW PRINTER STATUS.
  6. Check the ink levels in the Status window.

If you are unable to find and open the Printing Preference window for your printer or find the Printer Status option in the Maintenance tab, I recommend that you reinstall the TR7000/TS7400 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02. It is available on the following website.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-tr7022a

When the website opens, click on the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS option to the right of the picture of the printer. Then, make sure the website is detecting the proper Operating System and Version. After that, scroll down and click on the LOAD MORE option to find the TR7000/TS7400 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (last one listed).

If you are unable to install the MP Driver on your computer, I recommend you check the ink levels on the printer’s display. You’ll find instructions for that in the following section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TR7000%20series/EN/UG/ug-128.html

Information about checking the ink levels on a Windows computer can be found in the following section of the manual:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/TR7000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_ink.html

If you need more help, please tell us how the printer is connected to your computer. Is it connected wirelessly or with a USB cable?

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Just letting you know - I use printer via USB from PC and wireless from my phone.

Thank you to @JayC1 for reply above.  At first, I took this path:  Start menu > Settings > Devices > Devices and printers > Canon TR7000 series > Display printer properties > Maintenance > View Printer Status

After typing, I realized my path is longer.  I tried it because of low confidence with certain windows, like system commands.  But I didn't have to use system command window.

If I go the path JayC1 left, I get this window that not only shows Maintenance, it shows Quick Setup:

bradthetechnut_0-1675984655182.png

I knew I saw this window before and found ink levels, but couldn't remember how I did it.  Thought I found it in the Print tab > Printer Properties in Word, but now I don't see it.  May be I did go my long-winded path.

I want to note for other users it's easy to find the correct ink for your printer, see button that says Ink Model Number:

bradthetechnut_1-1675985588923.png

I also put Canon TR7000 Series shortcut on my desktop.

I just realized I didn't look down far enough in the IJ Printer Assistant Tool.  View Printer Status is lower left:

bradthetechnut_0-1675986622047.png

Announcements