cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tr8520 will not print any content from desktop will print from phone - only content from the web

64cmb
Apprentice

tr8520 printing great then one day it prints only blank pages when trying to print content from desktop.  All indicators are that the printer is working properly.  Uninstalled drive and installed new driver.  Directly LAN connected to desktop.  WILL print web content from phone.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, 64cmb!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am running Windows 10 Home, version 21H1, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, OS build 19043.1889, Windows Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi 64cmb,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please load letter-sized paper in the cassette of your PIXMA TR852

2.  Please tap the gear at the bottom of the display of your PIXMA TR8520

3.  Tap Maintenance

4.  Tap Print nozzle check pattern
and then tap Yes

A test page will print.  Please compare your printout with the example below.

Does a black grid print to the right of |PGBK| ?

Is the grid complete? or are there missing boxes within the grid?

Below that, did 2 blue, 2 pink, 1 yellow and 1 gray bars print?

If not, please perform one or two deep cleanings:

1.  Tap the gear icon at the bottom of the display of your PIXMA TR8520

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Deep cleaning and then Yes.

This process is outlined in the manual which can be viewed using this link:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TR8500%20series/EN/UG/ug_m_01_c.html

o_main020.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The printer works completely fine when I am printing from the web.  When I attempt to print a document that I have generated or I have received in an email as an attachment, only a blank page is printed.

Announcements