cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selphy cp1200 stuck at canon logo

smcb
Apprentice

So i've got a selphy CP1200, it has been in storage for the last couple years in a special padded case in a temperature controlled room.  It worked perfect the last time I used it, which I had used for a couple months at that time.  I think i've only printed about 150 photos with it.

Got it out this weekend because I wanted to use it again.  When you turn it on, it gets to the Canon logo and won't go any further.  I've been trying for days to get it to work.  ONE TIME tonight it actually started up and I got to the menus. But since that one time, back to nothing again. 

Tried connecting via USB, and my laptop shows the printer under "Other Devices" with no driver, and the driver install program doesnt find the printer.

What can I do to get it working?  

3 REPLIES 3

smcb
Apprentice

well, I guess the answer to my question is to not buy canon printers any more.  pretty sad.

Danny

Hi!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

well, first of all, there is nothing in the knowledgebase about the printer getting stuck at the canon logo.  I had already looked before posting.

Second, why would I pay for a repair to a printer that worked one day, and hangs the next time i turn it on?  It has been stored properly, and maybe only printed 100 pictures or so.  Seems poor quality hardware, but it is long out of warranty.

The "support" I have received and the "quality" of this product are making me look for different brands of printers now, even though I have purchased only canon printers since the late 1990s.

Announcements