cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanning options for a TR8620

pattw
Apprentice

Hello everyone! I recently bought a TR8620 printer, and am still getting used to it. My previuos printer was an HP which abruptly became unusable, so we switched brands. 

One option I had on my old printer was when I scanned a document, I was able to trim it in the preview window before saving the pdf to my computer. Over the weekend, I needed to scan something, and it worked fine, but I was not able to figure out how to trim it, or even if that is possible. 

Does anyone know if that functionality is possible, and if so, how to do it?

Thanks for any help!

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x/11.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi! Thanks for your quick response. I am using Windows 10, and am connected to the printer via USB. I do not have the full Adobe suite for pdfs, I can only read them, so I am unable to edit documents after saving them on my computer. I am not sure what other details would be useful, but am happy to provide info as asked!

Thanks again!

pattw
Apprentice

Hi again!

I received an email notification that a new reply had occurred on 10-26-21 but there are no replies beyond 10-18. I apologize for being such a newbie, but can anyone help me? Thanks!

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

There is a cropping feature you can try when using the ScanGear setting in the IJ scan Utility software that install with the printer driver. Please click HERE for more information about using ScanGear and the cropping feature. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ArthurJ! Thanks for this helpful information. It is still not quite what I needed, since it creates a photo, and my old scanner let me crop documents, but it is something! Thanks!

Announcements