cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanned documents whited out

kwildrick
Apprentice

Recently my scanned documents come out overexposed - whited out - so that they image is so faint it can't be read.  It has this appearance  before printing - it's saved this way but appears washed out in the initial window before I save it.  The printer prints out documents correctly when they are printing from a word processor, so it's not that the printer function itself is not functioning.  Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi kwildrick,

Try these steps:

1.  Place one of the pages that scans washed out face down on the scan glass.

2.  Open the MP Navigator EX.

3.  Click on Photos/Documents (Platen).

4.  Place a checkmark in "Use scanner driver"

5.  Click the Open or Scan button below that.

6.  When Scangear appears, click on the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right corner.

7.  If a message appears, click OK.

8.  In Advanced mode, click the Preview button.

9.  A preview will appear on the left side.  If it does not appear correctly, use the settings/adjustments on the right side to make the scanned preview appear as you like.

10.  Click the Scan button.

The page wil be scanned.  You do not have to use this for all pages, but if there is 1 page (or more) that do not scan correctly, you can use the Advanced mode to make adjustments to that scan before scanning and saving as PDF or JPEG.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 

equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

This is an MX432 printer/scanner

Hi kwildrick,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

What application are you using to scan with your PIXMA MX432?  For example, are you using the MP Navigator EX?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 10..........MP Navigator EX 5.1 scanner.  I place the document right on the platen, the iniitiate the scan from the computer.  I have always chosen "black and white document".  Strangely, if I scan some documents they come through appropriately dark and readable.  I find the auto setting seems to do better than starting with "black and white document."  Is there a setting that I can use to adjust it and eliminate the washed out appearance on most of these documents?  I never had this problem 6 months ago.  It doesn't appear to be a pdf issue because I can tell it's washed out before I actually save the document.

Hi kwildrick,

Try these steps:

1.  Place one of the pages that scans washed out face down on the scan glass.

2.  Open the MP Navigator EX.

3.  Click on Photos/Documents (Platen).

4.  Place a checkmark in "Use scanner driver"

5.  Click the Open or Scan button below that.

6.  When Scangear appears, click on the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right corner.

7.  If a message appears, click OK.

8.  In Advanced mode, click the Preview button.

9.  A preview will appear on the left side.  If it does not appear correctly, use the settings/adjustments on the right side to make the scanned preview appear as you like.

10.  Click the Scan button.

The page wil be scanned.  You do not have to use this for all pages, but if there is 1 page (or more) that do not scan correctly, you can use the Advanced mode to make adjustments to that scan before scanning and saving as PDF or JPEG.

Thank you very much!
Announcements