cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MG7120 printer/scanner suddenly quit printing...

TheJonnyBoy
Apprentice

I just started having this issue. I was printing some documents yesterday, around 15 pages, then it quit printing. First I thought it was because a couple of ink cartridges were low, so i replaced ALL the ink cartridges (all official new Canon cartridges). No help, and I cannot get the pattern to print to check for clogging or alignment. Test sheets will not print

I cleaned and deep cleaned the heads - No help.

I tried to aligned the print head - Nothing printed, so could not align

I see this issue has happened in the past, but I couldn't find an actual fix in the threads I looked at.

Please, if anybody has figured this out, speak up, and thanks in advance. I suspect a bad print head.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi TheJonnnyBoy,

First, please make sure that the tape is removed from each ink tank:

Next, please print a test page:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG7100%20series/EN/BG/bg-maintenance1200.html

Once printed, please cmpare your printout to this example:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG7100%20series/EN/BG/bg-maintenance1300.html

If the black grid or any color bars are missing, please perform a deep cleaning and then print another test page.

After multiple deep cleanings, if your PIXMA MG7120 does not print correctly, your PIXMA MG7120 would require service.  You can try replacing the printhead, but please note, the issue can be caused by other parts than the printhead.  There are no returns on parts purchased from Canon.   If you do want to replace the printhead, our Parts Department may be reached by calling 1-800-828-4040, seven days a week (excluding holidays), 8:00 a.m. to Midnight ET.  They can provide you with availability and cost.

Also, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements