To scan using MP Navigator, please follow these steps:
1. Launch MP Navigator EX by going to your GO menu, selecting APPLICATIONS and then CANON UTILITIES. In the CANON UTILITIES folder, locate the MP NAVIGATOR EX program and open it.
2. When MP Navigator opens, click on the SCAN/IMPORT option at the top left of the window, then click the PHOTOS/DOCUMENTS (PLATEN) option.
3. Place the document you want to scan on the platen glass, then select your Document Type (either Color or Black and White Photo or Document).
3-1. Please note: When you select Magazine(Color), the Descreen function will be enabled and scanning takes longer than usual. To disable the Descreen function, deselect the Descreen checkbox in the Scan Settings dialog box.
3-2. Select Text(OCR) to extract the text in the image and convert to editable text data using MP Navigator EX. This setting is not available when the Compress scanned images when transferring checkbox is selected on the General tab of the Preferences dialog box.
3-3. Color scanning is not available for Text(OCR). To scan in color, use OCR in One-click and scan with Color Mode set to Color.
4. Click SPECIFY... to modify the document size and resolution as required, then click OK. By default, the document size selected is 'Auto Detect', and the Resolution selected is '300 dpi'. Both of these settings are usually satisfactory if you want to scan a document in as-is. If you need to specify a higher resolution scan or specific document size, please click on the 'SPECIFY' button.
5. Click the green SCAN button on the screen. Scanning starts. When scanning is completed, the Scan Complete dialog box opens.
6. Select SCAN or EXIT. You will select 'Scan' to scan the next document if there is one, or select 'Exit' to end scanning.
7. The scanned images appear in the Thumbnail window. Please put a checkmark under the images you want to save.
8. Save the scanned images by either selecting the 'SAVE' or 'SAVE AS PDF' option on the bottom left-hand corner of the window.
8-1. Selecting the 'SAVE' option will give you the choice of saving a file in an image format such as JPEG, BMP, or TIFF.
8-2. Selecting the 'SAVE AS PDF' option will save your file in a PDF format. This is good for saving documents, letters, etc.
9. Once you make a selection in Step 8 above, a window will appear giving you additional options for the file you are trying to save.
9-1. The 'SAVE IN' section will show you where the document is going to be saved. By default, the files are saved in the Pictures folder in a folder labeled 'MP Navigator EX'. If you would like to specify a different location to save the files to, please click on the 'BROWSE..' button and select the location where you want to save the file, the press the 'OK' button to return to the save window.
9-2. The 'FILE NAME' section will let you name the file you are saving. By default, the file name will be 'IMG'; you can delete that out and name the file whatever you like.
9-3. The 'SAVE AS TYPE' section will allow you to choose the file output type. If you selected an image file, you will have the option of JPEG/EXIF, BMP or TIFF; if you selected the 'Save as PDF' option, you will be able to save the file as a single or multi-page PDF file.
9-4. The 'SAVE TO A SUBFOLDER WITH THE CURRENT DATE' option will let you save the file in a subfolder with the current date inside of the folder location you selected in step 9-1 above. If do not want a subfolder created with the current date inside of the folder you selected in step 9-1 above, please uncheck the 'Save to a Subfolder with Current Date' option.
10. Click the SAVE button. The scanned images will be saved according to the settings you selected above.
11. Once the file is save, you will be given the option to 'OPEN SAVE LOCATION' or 'CLOSE'. I would suggest selecting 'Close', and then going directly to the location where you specified the file be saved to. From there, you should be able to double-click on the file to open it.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.