cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer turning on and off constantly

Lillie4573
Apprentice

I received the email about a update, but printer keep turning on and off, so i can't update anything, need help

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Please follow the instructions. You will need to disable your wireless temporarily in order to keep the printer from power cycling continuously.

Once this is done, you will be able to apply the firmware update.  Then re-enable your wireless.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

how do i disable wireless if i need it to download update, are u talking about on the printer, if so i can't because it turns on and off and don't give me a chance to do anything

how do i disable wireless if i need it to download update, are u talking about on the printer, if so i can't because it turns on and off and don't give me a chance to do anything

Hi,

What is the model of your printer? 

We look forward to your reply. 

It's a Canon Maxify MB2320

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@lillie4573,

Please read this article (instructions)

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Product Advisory Detail Page

You will need:

A USB cable

A computer (desktop or laptop) with an available USB port.  The computer should have the printer's driver installed 

The FW update file Downloaded from the internet.

Power off the printer

*Disable the wireless broadcast on your wireless router or access point 

Now power on the printer, it won't continuously cycle now.

Connect the usb cable to the printer and to your computer

Ensure the printer is detected by the computer.

Run the firmware update

Power off the printer, disconnect the cable

Re-enable your wireless broadcast on your router or AP

Power on the printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements