cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma ts3500 series printer offline

jmvsmv
Apprentice

I am trying to hook my ts3500 printer up to my home network wirelessly, and connect it with my laptop. I recently switched providers and trying to go from the old router to the new. I downloaded and installed all the software, going through the canon website. I got the printer to find the signal, shoes the wireless icon, the phone icon, and the signal bars on the printer. I got all the way through the setup to where it says to print a test page, and when i hit the button it prints a test page. However when i try to actually print a paper off of my laptop i get the error message that the printer is offline. I have restarted my laptop, and the printer, but still get the same message. What would cause it to recognize the printer and print a test page, but not recognize the printer when i am trying to print my own document? Has anyone else run into this before? Am i missing something simple or is there a larger problem?

Thank you in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What OS (version and build) are you using the printer with?

What drivers did you use for the install?

Since the printer had been working before, did you remove it prior to attempting to update the printer's connection to the new device?

Router:

What's the IP assigned to the printer?

What's the IP assigned to the computer?

If you open a web browser and enter the printers IP, does its webserver display?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thank you for responding. here is what i have

windows 11 home

version 22H2

build 22621.819

no i didnt remove the printer before updating

printer address is 192.168.0.163

computer address is 192.168.12.1

and no i dont get a webserver display

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Here is the issue:

printer address is 192.168.0.163

computer address is 192.168.12.1

The devices that are trying to communicate are to communicate are on different LAN segments.

Just a guess. Is the computer you are using connected to VPN at a workplace?

If not, then you need to determine why devices connected to the same network are being assigned different IP addresses?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for responding again. This set up is at home on my laptop, no VPN. My new provider is T-Mobile home internet, which is 5g cellular service, would that have anything to do with it?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer has a 2.4Ghz radio. It can only connect to a 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast. Is the T-Mo equipment dual band? 2.4/5G. I doubt its only 5G but its certainly possible. If you provide the model I can probably tell you.

Try logging into its interface and seeing what bands its supports, and how its wi-fi is configured, etc. Dual or tri-band devices that use the same SSID name for all broadcasts (bands) can sometimes confuse single band devices (your printer) during initial connection. Sometimes temporarily disabling the 5G broadcast can allow the 2.4Ghz device to associate and connect successfully. You can then turn 5G back on. I have a tri-band device and have given each broadcast its own name. (Just providing this as an example)

Broadcasts.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements