cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma gm7520 prints windows test page but will not print from other apps

onyx550
Apprentice

i can print a windows test page but when i try to print anything it just prints a blank page can someone help me to fix it thanks

3 REPLIES 3

molydoly
Contributor

There are numerous possible causes for a printer that's randomly producing blanks. The most common ones are empty ink cartridges, improper cartridge installation, and congested nozzles. Driver and software issues can sometimes cause this problem as well.

I just put new ink in it and it's oem Canon ink it printed when I put the ink in then it stopped working so I had to go into the software and re set it up but when I did it now prints blanks? 

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi onyx550,

Please make sure that the cellophane/orange tape has been removed from each of the ink tanks.

Next, please perform a few printhead cleanings:

1. Please swipe the HOME screen and then tap the wrench and screwdriver icon on your PIXMA MG7520

2. Tap Maintenance

3. Tap Cleaning

4. Tap Yes to clean the printhead

Once complete, please print a test page:

1. Swipe the HOME screen and then tap the wrench and screwdriver icon on your PIXMA MG7520

2. Tap Maintenance

3. Tap Print nozzle check pattern

4. Tap Yes

Please compare your printout with the example below.  If printing from your PIXMA MG7520 does not improve, your PIXMA MG7520 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

MG7520 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements