cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

odd pattern of missing lines in print head test

PicFlip
Apprentice

Scan-0001.jpg

This is a print head test pattern from a Pixma MG5520. The top half of every other column of PGBK is missing lines. The other colors were OK. The stuff in the Cyan color print test is just from gunk on the glass of the scanner bed. I already tried removing the print head and checking the connectors. There was no gunk in the connectors. I tried having the printer run the head cleaning procedure a few times. Still I get this pattern of missing lines in the print head test pattern. Is this print head no good now?

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PicFlip,

Since you have already performed multiple deep cleanings on the printer and the black ink still is not printing correctly, please perform a print head alignment on the unit by following the steps located HERE.

Does this help resolve the issue described?  If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry for the delay in coming back to this.

Unfortunately doing a print head alignment didn't help. If I remember correctly the first page is the print out used to automatically align the print head. The second page is the print out used to manually align the print head. As you can see the black portions of the print outs are missing something. I think there isn't a fix for this and probably time to get a new printer. I'm open to more suggestions however I don't have access to the printer right now.

Scan-0010001.jpg

Scan-0010002.jpg

Hi PicFlip,

You have done everything you can at this point but it looks like the printer will need to be replaced.

On a positive note, you qualify for Canon's Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements