cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my lbp6000 stopped working when I upgraded to osx 9 mavericks. How can I get it back?

gkharris
Apprentice

my lbp6000 stopped working when I upgraded to osx 9 mavericks.  How can I get it back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi gkharris!

I know this issue is frustrating.  I will be glad to assist you.

When upgrading to new operating systems, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers.  Please uninstall the printer by following the instructions in the article:

Uninstalling the Printer Driver (CAPT V3.55)

After uninstalling the driver, please download the latest driver from the Canon USA website.  Please click the link below:

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

Once you are at the site, enter your model number.  Your operating system will be automatically detected.  Click on the word "Drivers", and then select CAPT Printer Driver Ver.3.65 and save the file. Next, open it from the saved location and install the driver package.

Finally, register the printer back into the print queue by following the instructions in the following article:

Registering the Printer with USB (Mac OS X Lion) (LBP CAPT Series Driver3.36)

*Although it shows OS X Lion, the instructions are the same.

I hope that this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi gkharris!

I know this issue is frustrating.  I will be glad to assist you.

When upgrading to new operating systems, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers.  Please uninstall the printer by following the instructions in the article:

Uninstalling the Printer Driver (CAPT V3.55)

After uninstalling the driver, please download the latest driver from the Canon USA website.  Please click the link below:

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

Once you are at the site, enter your model number.  Your operating system will be automatically detected.  Click on the word "Drivers", and then select CAPT Printer Driver Ver.3.65 and save the file. Next, open it from the saved location and install the driver package.

Finally, register the printer back into the print queue by following the instructions in the following article:

Registering the Printer with USB (Mac OS X Lion) (LBP CAPT Series Driver3.36)

*Although it shows OS X Lion, the instructions are the same.

I hope that this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, I did that and it worked.
Announcements