cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 with Dell PC running windows 11 will not install driver's

Phansbury
Apprentice

Downloaded zip file xp68-win-mx920-5_65-ejs. When extracting I get the following error :

No MP drivers re correctly installed. Install the MP drivers correctly

so that printing can be executed, and then install the XPS printer driver"

Can anyone please advise where I get the MPS drivers. I don't have a CD-ROM as some KB articles have suggested. Do they come from Microsoft Windows 11  or from Canon; or perhaps Dell ? Printer worked fine with Windows 10 on an Asus PC ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Phansbury,

The reason why you are experiencing that error is because you are attempting to install the XPS driver.  The XPS driver can only be installed after the MP driver is installed.

Please use this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx920/mx922

Once that page loads, click on the Software & Drivers button to the right of the image of the printer.

Click the Download button to the right of "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)" to download the drivers for your PIXMA MX922.

When the download is complete, please open/run "mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe" to begin the installation.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Phansbury,

The reason why you are experiencing that error is because you are attempting to install the XPS driver.  The XPS driver can only be installed after the MP driver is installed.

Please use this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx920/mx922

Once that page loads, click on the Software & Drivers button to the right of the image of the printer.

Click the Download button to the right of "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)" to download the drivers for your PIXMA MX922.

When the download is complete, please open/run "mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe" to begin the installation.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kimvan80
Apprentice

Have you tried updating your printer? I get a "driver error" or a "driver not available" even after I downloaded the MP driver on the laptop. I then fiddle with the setup and tried the update now it's working fine. Hope this help.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Another possibility is Windows 11's Driver Verification protection function is not allowing installation of the driver, even though it is genuine and legitimate. This can be overcome by restarting Windows in Troubleshooting Mode and disabling driver verification. Then see if the driver(s) install. After a reboot, driver verification will be turned back on.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements