cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 922 won't scan

Tundra
Apprentice

Hello - my printer prints and copies fine, but when I try to scan to my pc, it just says processing and then returns to the main screen without any movement of the scanner.  I am using Windows 8.  

17 REPLIES 17

LCaulkins
Apprentice

Has this not been answered? I have the exact same problem.

Hi LCaulkins,

Are you also using Windows 8?

Are you using your PIXMA MX922 with a USB cable or are you using your PIXMA MX922 wirelessly?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm using it wirelessy. It prints without any problem from this computer through that mode.

Hi LCaulkins,

Uninstalling the network port and printer driver and reinstalling them will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Put the PIXMA MX922's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.

2. Place the cursor in the upper right hand corner of your screen to display the Charms Menu.

3. Click on Search.

4. Type RUN.

5. In the Search Results, click APPS and then click RUN in the results to the left.

6. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".

7. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.

8. Double click the folder named WIN.

9. Double click the folder named Driver.

10. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

11. Double click the file named DELDRV.  If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows, double click DELDRV64.

12. In the Run box click OK and follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.

Once complete, please follow these steps:

1. Place the cursor in the upper right hand corner of your screen to display the Charms Menu.

2. Click on Search.

3. Type RUN.

4. In the Search Results, click APPS and then click RUN in the results to the left.

5. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".

6. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.

7. Double click the folder named WIN.

8. Double click the folder named Driver.

9. Double click the folder named LAN.

10. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe

11. In the Run box click OK.

12. Follow the prompts to uninstall.

Once complete, restart the computer.

To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:

1. Press the <Menu> button on your PIXMA MX922.

2. Select Setup and press the <OK> button.

3. Select Device settings and press <OK>.

4. Select LAN settings and press <OK>.

5. Select Wireless LAN setup and press <OK>.

6. Select Other setup and press <OK>.

7. Select Advanced setup and press <OK>.

8. Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.

Next, please download the latest driver for your PIXMA MX922:

1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2. Type PIXMA MX922 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.

3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4. Under Recommended Downloads, please click on the MX920 Mini Master Setup.

5. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to

continue with the download".

6. Click on the Download button.

7. A File Download box should appear. When it does, select Save.

8. When the Save As box comes up, close all windows.

9. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

10. Double click the [mast-win-mx920-1_0-ucd.exe] file.

Files will extract. Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to scan.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same issue and was going to try your directions, but unfortunately, I cannot find the CDROM.  Is there a download for it?

Thank you.

Hi, grandma6245!

You can download the drivers and apps for your PIXMA MX922 for free right HERE.  We hope this helps!

My problem isn't that my MX922 won't scan -- the issue is that it doesn't do so in true color.

I used it to print a saved file of a dark-green sign; the print came out dark green, as it should have.

I then scanned that printout, and sent the file to my computer; for some reason, the green was noticeably lighter. Other colors in the sign were similarly muted. Scan resolution was at 300dpi.

I printed out this new image scanned from the first print. The second print was, again, a good deal lighter than the first.

To see if it was a printer/computer disagreement (I'd heard there may be some issues interfacing with Windows 10), I took the computer out of the loop entirely, and simply had the printer COPY the original printout, again at 300dpi. This time, the colors were noticeably DARKER than the original, to the point that the dark green was almost black.

Are you aware of any reports of the Canon MX922 not scanning in true color?

Hi Patrick, I've reinstalled as you say, and now the problem is back. Can only scan from IJ Scan Utility, no action or error message if I try to scan from the printer. I can't keep reinstalling every couple months. What now?

Hi ScannerWontScan,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• Are you connecting wirelessly, or with USB?
  • Are you able to make a photocopy?
  • Which version of Windows or Macintosh are you using ?

I look forward to your reply. 

Announcements