cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP4300 pigmented black won't print

videobruce
Enthusiast

Printhead good, so is the pigmented black cart. They were checked in another 4300.

The other four (dye based) colors print ok. There are no error lights or errors shown in Win7. Any ideas? This appears to be unused since the purge pads are mostly still white.

There was no printhead in the printer (the seller wasn't even aware of this). Man LOL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Apparently this is another case of trying to use a 'bad' printhead in a good printer causing the logic board to sort out.
From recent experience (myself and reading about this from others), usually the printer dies when this happens(won't power up).
Elsewhere it was referred to as a "virus".

Trying to replace the logic board (aka main board) isn't much easier that trying to replace the purge unit. As someone else put ti, printers have to be the most discarded piece of equipment out there.

Of course this is all by design.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Canon's support is useless. All they tell you is contact the closest service station. All one gets when doing so is to be told to bring it in. 

You can't even get basic questions answered. I would understand if it was some complex deal, but the question is simple. They either know of the situation or they don't.

Apparently this is another case of trying to use a 'bad' printhead in a good printer causing the logic board to sort out.
From recent experience (myself and reading about this from others), usually the printer dies when this happens(won't power up).
Elsewhere it was referred to as a "virus".

Trying to replace the logic board (aka main board) isn't much easier that trying to replace the purge unit. As someone else put ti, printers have to be the most discarded piece of equipment out there.

Of course this is all by design.
Announcements