cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fuzzy output from CanoScan 9000F MkII

fisterace
Apprentice

I purchased this scanner about 18 months ago, but just started using it. I noticed that the photo scans are very slightly fuzzy. It is improved with the "unsharp mask", but this infuses noise into the image. It seems like a lens is slightly out of focus and needs "glasses". Anyone have any experience with this, and is it repairable?

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi fisterace!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums and thank you for your post!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your scanner (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet). It's also helpful to know what software you're using to scan your documents and photographs.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

No error messages

Connected by USB3 directly to computer

Windows 7 Home Premium

Using Canoscan interface through Adobe Photoshop Elements 11.

I also have an Epson 4990 photo scanner-and the same photo scans on that machine without distortion.

Thanks for your help

Hello.

Performing calibrations may help with this issue.  

To perform calibrations, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Start, All Programs, Canon Utilities, My Image Garden and then My Image Garden to open the program.

2. Click Scan in the menu on the left hand side.

3. Click Driver at the top of the right hand side.

4. Click on the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right hand corner.

5. Click on the Preferences button at the bottom.

6. On the Scanner tab, choose ON next to Execute at every scan.

Perform 3 or 4 scans to calibrate the unit.  

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

can you give these directions for a MX410 and a mac computer please?

I went through the steps outlined,

After changing the settings on the scanner tab to ON for Calibration settings: Execute every time

I could detect no change in the quality of the scan

Or, the functioning of the ScanGear interface

Accessing it through either through the image garden or through the Adobe Photoshop Elements interfaces

If changing that setting to ON is supposed to add some obvious callibration steps to the scanning sequence, it doesn't

There is a slight improvement scanning at higher dpi, but not enough to really make it a usable image or justify the extreme file size created.

I am open to any other suggestions you might have but, as it is, it isoff enough to be unusable. This scanner got very high ratings at the time I purchased it. So, not many people must have this problem. But, alas, I waited a long time before I used it and I fear this unit may be an out-of-warranty lemon.

Announcements