cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Surface laptop can't detect Canon PIXMA MX360

plevesque
Apprentice

This is new Surface laptop. I have dowloaded what I was told was the correct driver from the Canon website. The installation seemed to completre successfully, but the last step of the wizard asked me to connect the USB cable and turn the printer on. It also said that, once the printer was detected, the dialog box would close. Instead, I got a message saying the printer could not be detected and that I should disconnect the USB cable and reconnect. I did so but got the same error message.

How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Plevesque,

If the setup is not detecting the printer during setup, it could be caused by a poor cable connection or Windows created a generic connection and that is getting in the way of the setup.

You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the device manager that comes up, you can scroll down and click on the option for Universal serial Bus Controllers. If you have any other printers connected to the computer via USB disconnect or turn them off. Check the list for USB printing support or the name of the printer. If they do not show up, it would mean the computer does not see the cable connection. You can try using a different USB cable and you can try connecting the printer to a different USB port.

If you see the name of the printer or USB printing support, you can right click on it and then select the option to remove the device. Once all the connection have been removed, you can disconnect the printer from the computer and try the setup again. You can reconnect the cable when the setup prompts you to connect the cable.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements