cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 MX870 Install Crash

canon24
Apprentice

Hello all, I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) and I have a Pixma MX-870 which I use wirelessly. It and its software were working perfectly in Windows 8.1 Anyway, I downloaded the latest driver install and when I run it it begins and the installer detects the device and its IP address, etc., and when I it begins to install the drivers, it crashes when it gets to "Registering Fax Driver" each time. I get a "Canon IJ Driver installer has stopped working" message.

I've tried disabling anti-virus, the Windows firewall, turning off and on the router, running the installer as administrator, etc., but it doesn't get past that point. I can see in device manager that the printer driver installed and a WS version, and Microsoft Fax and Canon Fax, however I can't use MP Navigator as it says there is not Canon printer installed.

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

backfromhome
Apprentice

well i found this and it worked for me:

"Hello.

If anyone is still having troubles with this issue, please try the following:

1. From the Start menu, click Settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners.
2. Towards the bottom of the Printers & Scanners area, turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
3. Once this has been done, reinstall the drivers again.

You may also have to delete any extra icons of the printer in the Printers & Scanners menu.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

backfromhome
Apprentice

I have the same issue with windows 10 and MX925, crashes at registring the fax drivers. last time i found a workaround but i forgot how...

backfromhome
Apprentice

well i found this and it worked for me:

"Hello.

If anyone is still having troubles with this issue, please try the following:

1. From the Start menu, click Settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners.
2. Towards the bottom of the Printers & Scanners area, turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
3. Once this has been done, reinstall the drivers again.

You may also have to delete any extra icons of the printer in the Printers & Scanners menu.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well."
Announcements