cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Borders (Portrait) Top and Bottom on 4x6 prints

chevysales
Apprentice

Hi All,

First post here and setting up my printer today all is good except for one real "feature" of photo printing which is the top and bottom of prints having a border approx 1/4" on each end. Landscape has the the white borders on both left and right sides. The other two edges are fine on either print.

I have always used Canon Printers (and DSLR + lens) as I have been happy with colors, separate ink tanks and generally had good luck with them over the years.

I went thru every setting possible setting up new TR8620 (it replaced iP Pixma 7220) and wether I use the Canon Easy Photo Print App which I avoid if possible or Canon's "(Selphy) Print App" on iPhone Pro` or thru Apples Photo App on my MacBook Pro. 

The results are the same a white border on top and bottom of the print. Using Photo Paper Plus Glossy ll and I have tried borderless, then borderless moving around in crop to center (in app), tried with borders.

Then tried with each different "Extension" setting from "minimum" to "large" with no better results.

Canon IMO uses the largest "crop" of all the printers to achieve borderless and its a shame as no way it needs to be so much.

I have done it with settings for paper set in printer and in software (both). Also tried with one or the other ie. Either in printer OR printing App but not both.

I could go on and on but needless to say I've tried everything. I'm pretty computer literate knowing my way around and exhausted all options I could try BEFORE posting here.

Hoping others have come across this before and know the fix?

Google showed me I am not the only user experiencing this "feature"

Thank you in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chevysales
Apprentice

***Update***
Did the firmware update 1.030 as it was on 1.020 and I now have borderless printing on all 4 edges. Not just the long edges on 4x6 prints which was the issue. (Yes I choose “KG 4x6” and “super glossy ll”).
I see no listing for firmware online only through the system which seems ok. Though prior to doing it I also re ran setup again on printer realigning print head.

Wether it was one or the other or the combination of both I don’t know but it works. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

normadel
Authority
Authority

Bordered prints have four white borders. Borderless prints have NO white border. Are you doing borderless prints with an image that is not filling the paper?

I am well aware of the difference.  

Yes of course the photo is large enough.

I have borderless chosen and correct paper etc. 

I have checked all the obvious things before posting here…

thanks 

this isn’t my first go round (though it’s my first post here) . 

chevysales
Apprentice

***Update***
Did the firmware update 1.030 as it was on 1.020 and I now have borderless printing on all 4 edges. Not just the long edges on 4x6 prints which was the issue. (Yes I choose “KG 4x6” and “super glossy ll”).
I see no listing for firmware online only through the system which seems ok. Though prior to doing it I also re ran setup again on printer realigning print head.

Wether it was one or the other or the combination of both I don’t know but it works. 🙂

RDAWG
Apprentice

Ive tried to look up the update for the firmware since im having the same problem. Can you tell me where i can find the update. Thanks for your help. Its greatly appreciated

I found it useing setup in the printer itself it searched and found I think it was 1.30. I’m at work on phone. But I do recall I used tge setup tools on printer itself. Though you can also search using printers “web services” page. I’ve never found a Canon printer firmware any other way. Forget tge browser interface it’s useless for that. 

Announcements