cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect PIXMA MX410 to MacBook

Susja
Apprentice

Hello,

I have Wireless PIXMA MX410 and want to connect it to MacBook Air running Monterey 12.12.1

I have 3 MacBooks and no problem but with this computer it failed to connect. I have to connect it using Wi-Fi.

I tried WPS method. Printer claimed that it connected but actually it did not added it.

After that I tried to use method 'passphrase' and it also claimed that connected to router but I don't see that it added it.

I also tried to add printer using 'Printer' app but if failed to locate the driver.

Something wrong going on with it ... Finally I downloaded a driver from Cannon "mac-4_7_5-ea21_3.dmg" called Canon IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.5 (Mac) but it also didn't add the printer.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Susja
Apprentice

Folks,

I have an assumption that my PIXMA MX410 is not compatible with my MacBook Air macOS 12.

Someone suggested that I could try to use driver from macOS 11. Could you please point me to the location of the latest macOS drivers for PIXMA?

Thanks

Susja
Apprentice

Folks,

I called Support but auto-reply cancelled my call because PIXMA MX410 is supported only on Web site. My printer is too old 🙂

Still I'd like to try to connect it to my Mac.

Could someone please help me and explain 'any workaround' I could try? E.g. use USB connection instead of Wi-Fi or use driver from previous macOS release or etc.

Looks like I'm stuck with it. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The file you installed was a network tool and not a printer driver. This model printer has been retired and the last printer driver released was for Mac OS 10.12 High Sierra. 

If the other Macbooks can see the printer and it's just the 1 that can't then I would say the issue is with that one Macbook. Since the printer is retired and not compatible with your computer, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. 

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ArthurJ

Thanks for reply.

I think that I should be OK without one of my MacBooks be connected to printer

Could/should I delete Canon IJ Network Tool? I think I don't need it ...

Thanks

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You can delete the Canon IJ Network tool. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements