cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install MX 922 to Windows 11

borgtrekker25
Apprentice

Hi, my friend just received a new HP laptop installed with Win11 and we are unable to complete the printer installation...  Just like others who have  experienced this problem after installation of the software the computer cannot find the printer whether connected via WiFi or directly via USB cable. 

Yes, the printer is on, the computer has been restarted, and when connected directly via USB cable the computer makes the noise showing the cable has connected.  However I get the following error message whether using the attach a new printer option in Windows or using the Windows drivers downloaded from Canon,

"Caution! Cannot detect the printer.  Check that the printer is on and that the cable is connected.  If the printer has not been detected even though connected, disconnect the cable from the printer and then reconnect it."

Is this printer just too old to be used with the newer Win11 laptop computers or what?

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi borgtrekker25,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow to select the wrench and screwdriver icon and press OK

3.  Use the left arrow to select Device Settings and press OK

4.  Use the down arrow to select LAN settings and press OK

5.  Use the down arrow to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK

6.  Select WLAN setting list and press OK

Verify that the name listed next to SSID is the same name of the Wi-Fi network that your computer is connected to.

Using the down arrow, please write down what is listed next to IPv4 Address.

On your computer, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window that appears, please type CMD and click OK.

3.  In the Command Prompt window that appears, please type:

PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx   (where those x's represent the IPv4 address that you wrote down before)

and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.

For example, if the IPv4 address that you wrote down was 192.168.1.45, in the command prompt window on your computer, please type PING 192.168.1.45 and press the Enter key on your keyboard.

Did you get:

A - Timed out
B - Destination host unreachable
C - Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hey there Patrick,

I got the computer to ping the IPv4 settings and got letter B as a result as you can see the results having run it x2,

K.Matlock IPv4 Results.jpg

I verified the SSID and everything matches...  However, am still unable to connect.  This being the case where do I go from here?

Many thanks and please reply soon.

Hi borgtrekker25,

Please turn your PIXMA MX922 off.

Next, please disconnect the power cord to your router for 30 seconds.  After that time, please reconnect the power cord to your router.

When your router is back online, please turn your PIXMA MX922 back on.

Once on, please follow the steps in my previous post to determine if the IP address of your MX922 has changed.  When you have taken note of the current IP address of your PIXMA MX922, please perform the PING command again.  The Destination Host Unreachable should no longer occur.

If you get Sent 4 and Received 4, please attempt to install.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No it didn't work.  Printer came up as the same address, but this time a ping came back saying connected.  But when I tried to print, it still came back with "printer not responding".  Now what?

gerkens
Apprentice

No it didn't work.  Printer came up as the same address, but this time a ping came back saying connected.  But when I tried to print, it still came back with "printer not responding".  Now what?

Announcements