cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Connect my MG7720 printer to my Dell all in one i5400 Windows 11 with no success

Giorgetto
Contributor

I bought a new Dell i5400 All in one computer with Windows 11 installed. When I plugged in my Canon MG7720 printer it would not print. I tried downloading drivers from the Canon Support but that did not solve the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Start here:

Uninstall all Canon software from Control Panel > Programs and Features

Now remove the printer (using right-click) & remove from Control Panel > Device and Printers.

Since you used the term "connect" I assume you mean USB?  Please unplug from a USB port now.

Restart your machine.

Download this installer:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNjcwMjAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN 

Run it and follow the prompts to install, connect only when prompted, etc.

A USB device should be connected directly to the computer or motherboard, and not to a hub, extension or monitor, etc.

Let us know the result.  If you have issues, we'll need to know what steps were performed.  What you did, and what happened when you did it, as well as any error messages you encountered, etc.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Start here:

Uninstall all Canon software from Control Panel > Programs and Features

Now remove the printer (using right-click) & remove from Control Panel > Device and Printers.

Since you used the term "connect" I assume you mean USB?  Please unplug from a USB port now.

Restart your machine.

Download this installer:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNjcwMjAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN 

Run it and follow the prompts to install, connect only when prompted, etc.

A USB device should be connected directly to the computer or motherboard, and not to a hub, extension or monitor, etc.

Let us know the result.  If you have issues, we'll need to know what steps were performed.  What you did, and what happened when you did it, as well as any error messages you encountered, etc.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Giorgetto,

Glad this worked.  Thanks for the feedback.

Rick

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements