cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tr4520 printer

Bfadair
Apprentice
My home office computer is on the office network and my printer is on my home network. I cannot print directly to the printer, on my old non Canon printer I was able to send the print job directly to the printer via email (Epson Connect) can you do that with this printer or something similar. I know I can send my self a email and then print it out, but that is a pain requiring another computer/smartphone .
1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You mention 2 networks, which leads me to believe you are working from home and connecting to VPN at your workplace.

Is this correct?

If so, your IT Dept can allow you to print to devices on your local network by making a change to your VPN client. The setting or option will be something like (similar to) "Allow traffic on local LAN".

By design VPN routes all traffic through its connection at your workplace.  This is for security.  Changing the setting above allows your machine to use local resources, like printers, etc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements