cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9521C Unable to scan legal document. Cuts off at 12”

Paperfolder
Apprentice

Using the ADF on my TS9521C and the Canon PRINT app on my iPad, I am unable to scan a legal sized document. The result cuts the 14” long document off at 12.”  App scan settings for Document Size (ADF) only allow letter or A4 options. Printer display is set for Doc. type: auto scan. According to the printer manual, it looks like I SHOULD be able to scan a legal sized document.

I tried reinstalling the Canon PRINT app and lost ground. Now, it will only scan letter length.

Could this problem be due to the use of an iPad?

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

This is most likely due to restrictions within the app. If you scan from a Windows or MacOS device, there is a Stitch option in IJ Scan Utility. This option allows you to scan the left and right halves of an item larger than the platen and combine them back into one image.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well

Paperfolder
Apprentice

I think you are telling me I cannot scan legal documents from this Canon product using an iPad. IJ Scan Utility is not available for iPad Pro, and I do not have access to a PC or Mac. I suppose I could search for other applications that would allow me to stitch images together, but I was hoping Canon would have a straight-forward solution for me.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

My printers both use the Canon Business Print App so I don't have the standard app to compare to.

Do you see the Legal option on the printers control panel?

shadowsports_0-1709577165207.png

Is this an option?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements