cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS 3320 won't print to Macbook Pro after print head cleaning

frc_chick
Apprentice

It was printing fine but the copies were very light.  I did a print head cleaning and now yellow light comes on and the LCD display on the printer blinks E 5 9.  It was printing fine before.  Even thought the cartridges still had ink but were low, I put in fresh Canon ink cartridges.  Here is what I did to try to fix.

Reboot printer and computer both before and after uninstalling and re-installing the printer and after downloading updated drivers.  Go back to printer cartridges that worked before print head cleaning.  Try to bypass wifi and do a direct hardwire to Macbook.  Nothing works.  The printer que says that the document was sent to printer and it is printing.  The printer flashes yellow light and E 5 9 on the LCD.  Supposedly this error means that the plastic on the ink cartridge is still on but it will print a test page and it will print the network configuration page, so obviously there is nothing wrong with the cartridges.  It will print from the old Toshiba laptop which is not a primary computer but used only when a website or program has issues with Mac.  Ready to throw the printer away and take the loss on the $50 worth of new ink I just installed.  HELP!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

E,5,9 appears when the paper size settings at printer driver do not match the paper size registered in the printer. Please click HERE for steps to resolve this issue. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

E,5,9 appears when the paper size settings at printer driver do not match the paper size registered in the printer. Please click HERE for steps to resolve this issue. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements