cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 - black box in prints and scans

ryaffe
Apprentice

Hello:

When making a b&w or color copy or scan, an area in the lower left corner prints all black.  This just started happening.  I checked all the ink cartridges and ran some troubleshooting diagnostics, but nothing changed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

IMG_20211230_0001.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi, 

Since this happens when copying and scanning, there is most likely a issue with the scanning element inside the printer and 

I recommend to have this issue looked at by our support team. 

Canon does have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with this issue. Please click HERE and in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Hello:

I spoke with a customer support person several days ago.  The recommendation was to use the document feeder instead of the flat panel when copying or scanning, since the "black box" issue does not occur when using the feeder.  So, the answer was to live with the problem and use a work-around.

Rick

Hi - I know it's a year and a half later, but I just now started to have this same issue. I wonder if you remember whether this answer you got from the customer service person worked .... I've tried it and it did NOT work. And if it didn't work but you just didn't update this thread, please, did you find a different solution?

I copied something using the rear document feeder for the paper, and the paper came from there no problem, but the black box was on the copy (not on the original).

It actually doesn't make much sense that the source of the paper would have anything to do with something that happens with the scanning element.

I hope you can help me. Thank you!

Rosie

Announcements