cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for Kodak Photo Paper - Canon G3000 Printer

hanzel
Apprentice

Hi

I have a Canon G3000 Printer and Kodak Ultra Premium Photo Paper (270 gsm, Resin Coated). Please advise me on the correct settings to be used in the Printer for printing on this photo paper. I meant, the type of paper that is equivalent to this Kodak Paper. Also, is there any additional settings to be done to print on this type of papers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Using third party papers without custom ICC profiles can be hit and miss. Frequently selecting the Canon media type that is closest to the paper you are using will work well. Depending on what the surface of the Kodak paper is like I would try Photo Paper Pro Platinum and Photo paper Pro Luster and see how they print. 

Depending on how much paper you have you could either fine tune your print settings or get a custom ICC profile.

See this discussion:

Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II skin tones too yellow - Canon Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Using third party papers without custom ICC profiles can be hit and miss. Frequently selecting the Canon media type that is closest to the paper you are using will work well. Depending on what the surface of the Kodak paper is like I would try Photo Paper Pro Platinum and Photo paper Pro Luster and see how they print. 

Depending on how much paper you have you could either fine tune your print settings or get a custom ICC profile.

See this discussion:

Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II skin tones too yellow - Canon Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements