cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy Photo Print alternatives?

ewilts
Apprentice

With the CP1300 coming with NO Windows software whatsoever, and Selphy Photo Print no longer available, what is the recommended software for printing to the CP1300?

Canon Easy Photo Print doesn't support the CP1300.

Canon Selphy Photo Print is no longer supported and won't see the CP1300.

I find it hard to believe that Canon basically gave up on Windows users with the Selphy line.  I've bought 4 of them - 2 for me and 2 for relatives but will likely never buy another one again.  Canon is strongly suggesting by its actions that only mobile matters now 😞

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ewitts,

You can print from your Winodws computer by installing the printer driver, which is available for download here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/mobile-compact-printer/cp...

Once installed, you can use any photo editing / photo viewing program to print your images, such as the Windows Photo application.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This does not address the lack of the Selphy Photo Print software. What used to be a simple one-stop solution now relies on 3rd party software. And as I mentioned, Canon Easy Photo Print falls into the "any photo editing" program category but does not support the CP1300.

I have the driver but expected Canon to supply photo printing software like has always been done in the past and is still done with other Canon printer.

I have downloaded the driver for my Canon Selphy CP1300 on my Windows 10 computer but it will not install. The error message says "The printer could not be detected" even though Windows itself and my iPhone can detect the Selphy CP 1300. Unfortunately, if I try to print from the Windows Photo app, the Selphy will not print a borderless 4x6. The only paper size choice close to a 4x6 is some Japan Hagaki postcard that creates a print with borders.
Announcements