cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing on CDs, Label software settings

Charell
Apprentice

I purchased my Canon PIXMA TS9120 specifically for its ability to print on CDs. My label software is asking for the Canon tray type. Which do I chose? Full or Standard Face and which tray? A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,L or Z?

The manual only gives instructions for the "My Image Garden" software provided on the disc. I can't find any instructions for other labeling software.  I already have many CD images on the sofware I was using for LightScribe CDs (SureThing Disc Labeler Gold.)  I had to buy a new printer because LightScribe blank media is no longer available. I purchased some printable blank CDs and was ready to go but it seems to be more complicated than I thought it would be.

I hope someone can help. I don't really want to start over with unfamiliar software.

Thanks,

Charell

Here are the choices SureThing Disc Labeler is giving me:

Canon, Chose a label type:
Full Face (Tray A)
Full Face (Tray B,C,D)
Full Face (Tray E)
Full Face (Tray F,G)
Full Face (Tray H)
Full Face (Tray J)
Full Face (Tray K)
Full Face (Tray L)
Full Face (Tray Z, Other)
Standard Face (Tray A)
Standard Face (Tray B,C,D)
Standard Face (Tray E)
Standard Face (Tray F,G)
Standard Face (Tray H)
Standard Face (Tray J)
Standard Face (Tray K)
Standard Face (Tray L)
Standard Face (Tray Z, Other)

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Charell,

We have not tested our printers with the software you are using.  Please use the size of tray based on the size of the that you are printing on:

CD-R tray A5.63 x 10.34 inches (14.3 x 26.27 cm)
CD-R tray B5.16 x 9.40 inches (13.1 x 23.88 cm)
CD-R tray C5.16 x 9.40 inches (13.1 x 23.88 cm)
CD-R tray D5.16 x 9.40 inches (13.1 x 23.88 cm)
CD-R tray E6.77 x 10.83 inches (17.2 x 27.5 cm)
CD-R tray F5.16 x 9.55 inches (13.1 x 24.26 cm)
CD-R tray G5.16 x 10.01 inches (13.1 x 25.43 cm)
Disc tray G5.16 x 10.01 inches (13.1 x 25.43 cm)
Disc tray H5.95 x 14.92 inches (15.12 x 37.9 cm)
Disc tray J5.12 x 8.85 inches (13.0 x 22.48 cm)
Disc tray K5.95 x 12.60 inches (15.12 x 32.0 cm)
Disc tray L5.16 x 11.89 inches (13.10 x 30.21 cm)
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Well, I actually got my new PIXMA TS9120 to print something on a printable CD with my SureThing Labeler software but it was off center, not even close. I tried several settings but nothing came close to printing my image centered on the CD.
I couldn't get "My Image Garden" to do anything! It's VERY un-user-friendly. I'm surprised Canon would include that software with its product.

My progress today: At least I know my new printer will actually print something on a CD. I also learned that "Full Face" means it will print closer to the CD hole. Also that "bleed proof" means it uses less ink.

I was able to talk with Canon Customer Support today and he suggested Canon's  "Easy PhotoPrint EX" software. I tried to find a safe download site for that but ran into malware problems. Thankfully I have a good malware protection program.
Does anyone know WHERE I can download "Easy PhotoPrint EX" safely?

I have to get this working before December 15th or I'm taking the printer back to Fry's Electronics!

Hi Charell,

You can download Easy Photo Print safely directly from the Canon website. Please click HERE to go to the page for your TS9120. Once you are there, select the software tab and then download Easy Photo Print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Okay I FINALLY got success in printing a beautiful CD image on my Canon PIXMA TS9120.

I ended up using my old software but an upgraded version that has the driver for my new printer.

SureThing Disc Labeler 7 is very easy to use and works perfectly. I highly recommend it for anyone who needs to print on CDs. They have good customer service too. Maybe Canon should partner with them.  By the way, it's "Full Face Tray J."  The SureThing people knew that.

I'm sorry to say that  "My Image Garden" has to be the most NOT-user-friendly piece of useless software that I've ever tried to use! No matter how many times I went over the instructions I could not get it to print anything on a CD. And the ONLY instructions Canon provides to print a CD with this printer are for THAT software.

I never did try "Easy PhotoPrint EX." Maybe it's better but I don't need it now and I don't need to re-learn a different software. SureThing Disc Labeler is the best!

Canon has good customer service too it's just that their software leaves a lot to be desired. I feel sorry for their reps because they are not allowed to mention outside software and have to push the stuff that Canon provides.

Anyway, my problem is solved now. Thanks for your time and effort.

~ Charell

Announcements