Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer on and off continuously

NicolaeSfetcu
Apprentice

Hello,

The printer is MX495.

I did not us it for a while and today, when I started it, it turns on and off each 5 seconds.

All the printer buttons are blocked, including the power button (I cannot turn it off from the power button).

While the printer is on, no matter if I open or not the front cover, the cartridge holder moves continuously left and right without stopping.

There is a single word displayed on the display: ”Canon”.

Can you help me with an advice to eliminate this problem?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, I would recommend contacting our phone support team for additional assistance. They can be reached by logging into your My Canon Account and going to your support options.

Please be advised, if you are outside of the United States, I recommend contacting the branch of Canon for your region. You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, I would recommend contacting our phone support team for additional assistance. They can be reached by logging into your My Canon Account and going to your support options.

Please be advised, if you are outside of the United States, I recommend contacting the branch of Canon for your region. You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Can you confirm this has nothing to do with an update on firmware because there are many of us that are experiencing the same issue with the same model printer within the last couple days. We are on canon community looking for a fix but is buying a new printer the only option you can give us to try first?

If the only solution is buying a new printer,  trust it won't be a Canon. They did something over the last few days to make thousands of printers incompatible.  Shady to Me there's so many people having problems all at once. 

This is not a solution at all.  The number of people experiencing this issue all at once is growing, Cannon clearly did something with an update push that bricked all these printers.  The odds of all these people  encountering this issue all at once out of now where is extremely unlikely.  Cannon better find an actual fix quickly.  It's only a matter of time before it makes the news - Cannon bricking printers and offering upgrades at customers' costs....Do better.

if a discounted printer is their solution it will be a different brand.   i thought it was my printer until finding this thread and now others.   someone suggested turning off the internet, printer worked perfectly normal. today is 5/31 first day after a holiday weekend, hopefully the issue is seen and resolved this week

I called, and the only offer was a discount on a new printer and we "don't have to send it back."  Of course not, that leaves me to pay the recycling fee.  The representative said it is like a car, sometimes they don't start or break.  She could not transfer me to support because my warranty is expired.  Not helpful.

They do but not all models that are having the same issue within days of each other.  Canon offering to buy new printers as a fix is Shady business.  

Arthur:  I called and there is nothing that can be done by the representative but to offer to purchase a new printer.  Your response, and my call in response, was not helpful.

I took mine “offline” it worked fine! Until I went back online. It does it’s “dance” again! Hoping canon does something but at least I know all the ink I just bought for this printer is going to be used

Announcements