cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer head alignment

ptc712
Apprentice

I just replaced the color and black and white ink cartridges in my Pixma MG3200 printer. I have since done automatic and manual print head alignment but the page still prints out of alignment. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the printer and redownloaded the print drivers. The page still doesn;t print correctly. What's my next step?

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm not getting any error messages. Just a page that doesn't print correctly. Running Windows 10, connecting through WiFi. Printing has worked fine for the two years or so that I have had this printer. Problem started when I replaced the ink cartridges a couple of days ago.

Also, the bad printing occurs when other people in my house try to print something to this computer -- an apple computer and an iPhone.

Hello.

Please provide us with a picture or scan of one of your misaligned prints.  Once we have the sample we will try to assist you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

a can.jpg

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ptc712

If you have print alignment issues after changing the tanks, you can try alignments to resolve the print quality problems. Since you have already tried alignments and it did not make an improvement, it sounds like there is a hardware issue or the printer's encoder strip is dirty.

You can try unplugging the printer from the power and cleaning the printer's encoder/timing strip using the steps in the link HERE. Once you have cleaned the encoder, you can try a print to see if the quality has improved.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements