cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Pixma G3202 How to empty the Blue Tank

karenw81
Apprentice

Hello-I accidently put Black ink into the Blue tank. How do I empty the tank??? I've looked everywhere! Thank you!

Karen Wright

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

There is not an option to select only one color to ink flush on the G3202. You will need to perform the all color ink flush to flush out the wrong ink. Please click HERE and scroll down to system cleaning on the page that opens. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Not clear what you did. Did you: 1. put a black tank in the blue slot or; 2. are you refilling tanks and put black ink into a blue tank?  Either way, you now have a blue printhead that is contaminated with black ink.

Any of the printer cleaning/flushing operations cannot wash out a tank. A flush will only clean the printhead, using a lot of whatever ink is in the tank supplying that head.

It would seem you need to put an uncontaminated blue tank in the proper slot and do flushes to wash the black out of the blue printhead. And it may not do it completely, and it'd be expensive.  You could need head replacement. 

Announcements