cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 Prints but scanner doesn't work

Gnsgrashus
Apprentice

When I attempt to scan, either from the computer or the panel, the scan device moves as if it is scanning. But, I get an error that says the scanner is unable to communicate with the computer.  This was working fine and now suddenly does not. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Gnsgrashus,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are you using your PIXMA G7020 wirelessly?
Or with a USB cable?

What program are you using to scan?  Are you using the IJ Scan Utility?

When scanning with the IJ Scan Utility, what error code appears at the bottom of the error message that you get?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Gnsgrashus
Apprentice

Hi Patrick.

Windows 10.

IJ Scan utility.

It seems to scan when I send the request from the computer. Then says the computer and scanner can't communicate.

Wireless router. (Has not changed)

Hi Gnsgrashus,

When you get the can't communicate error, what error code appears at the bottom of that error message?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MACwizUT
Apprentice

My client is on a Mac running Monterey. I finally got it to print by IP and AirPrint, but no scanning. The IJ Scan Lite utility is a piece of junk and times out. I finally got it to Scan using Apple's ImageCapture.app, but that is a poor excuse for your company not writing print and scan drivers. I used to love Canon and recommend it because I could make them work on a Mac better than any but HP printers. That isn't my assessment right now. I would like to know Canon's intent relative to Apple products. From what I can see in these forums, I'm not alone and Canon isn't talking.

Announcements