cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port In Use

izzmolina
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX490 black and white printer. It normally prints with no issue on my computer, windows 10 1909 (I set it up with mine, I have all the canon software, etc.) but sometimes my boyfriend's doesn't always print. We are attempting to printa  document but I get a mix of errors. The canon box in the bottom right of my computer displays a "port in use" error. I've restarted the printer, restarted our wifi, restarted our computers, nothing seems to work. We've been having intermittent wifi problems which I thought might play a role but only sometimes does the printer appear offline so I don't think that's it. Can somebody please assist with the "port in use" error? 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi izzmolina,

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers may help with this issue.  Please follow the steps below::

1.  Please open the control panel on your computer and then select "View Devices and Printers" and remove the MX490 series icon

2.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
3.  Uninstall the MX490 series MP Drivers.
4.  Go back to the Control Panel.
5.  Open Devices and Printers.
6.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

Once this has been done restart your the computer and then visit our website at the following link to download and reinstall the MX490 series MP Drivers.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx...

Once the printer is reinstalled, try to print again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements