cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PixmaMG5420, can't get scanner to scan

jo44
Apprentice

I have a new Canon Pixma MS5420 and am unable to scan.  Iwent to finders, clicked open Canon utilities and didn't find a utility folder there

what should I do now?

Thanks

J

3 REPLIES 3

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi jo44,

It sounds like you are missing some of the software or drivers for your printer.  I recommend running the installation CD-ROM again and installing the drivers (which include the IJ Scan Utility).  

You can also download the drivers and utility from our website.  Installing the file labeled "MG5400 series Mini Master Setup" should be all you need to get started.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am also missing the IJ Scan Utility; however, when I attempt to reinstall from the CD, it does not install the utility.  When I attempt to install the MG5400 series Mini Master Setup file, the software finds the printer (which I've been printing to from my PC for weeks) and then doesn't find the printer.  I turn it off and on, and it finds the printer, and then it doesn't find the printer.  After an hour or two of the download telling me that it found the printer but then it doesn't find the printer and then does find the printer but then doesn't find the printer, it fails to install the Mini Master Setup file.  I'm lucky that I can still print, but I am no where any closer to being able to scan over my USB cable, after seven and a half hours of trying to get it to scan.  I am quite surprised that the IJ Scan Utility did not install from the CD after five attempts.  I am quite surprised that the Mini Master Setup file will not install after three attempts.  I am even more surprised that I cannot download just that utility.  I very much need to scan using this device.  Any help would be welcome.

Hi SCDude,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements