cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ip8720 - colors are muted and dark

Asalvage
Apprentice

I’m trying to figure out how to get printed colors to match my graphic colors. The color doesn’t change at all no matter what I do. I understand that it’s not going to completely match going from rgb to cmyk, but how can I get it similar? I’ve attached a picture of the graphic and the printed results. This is my first “good” printer and I’m at a loss on what to do.

A4C2A49F-1FE3-40F4-9753-43EA3949B92E.jpeg

19B73000-D309-49DE-80EC-12448BB77AD2.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Asalvage,

Depending on the paper used to print and the settings used on the computer the colors that will print will vary in brightness and intensity. We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution or to have one of our agents walk you through some of the settings, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What type of paper are you printing on?
  3. What program are you printing from?
  4. What paper type are you selecting in the print window on the computer?

I am having the same problem. My colors are not matching the screen. I have been trying to use intensity and contrast to get as close as i can but its not quite the same color. i use onlinelabel matte sticker paper. i have windows 11. I use the silhouette studio and I select photo paper pro platinum. I understand matte paper wouldn't have same vibrance as photo paper but it doesn't even have same color (in my case, right shade of red).

Hi,

Please click HERE for some more information about adjusting print/color settings. Also, some other issues could include if the your monitor is not calibrated with the print software, you will never get a true match. 

Also, if that type of sticker paper is not supported with the printer and you are having to use a different paper profile, that will cause a color issue as well. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements