cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9120 Power Issue

greze
Apprentice

I got this printer back in May and had no issues with it until recently. I typically leave it unplugged when I'm not using it. The other day I plugged it in and it won't power on. The power light comes on, but the display doesn't, I'm unable to print and I also can't ping the printer from the command line. I found the manual and followed the "won't power on" troubleshooting (unplug it and plug it back in) and had no change. I've tried different outlets and have confirmed other devices work on those outlets. I tried to submit a repair request, but after I enter the serial number and everything, the Canon site takes me a page with a picture of people in an office, a cancel button, a back button, and a non-functioning continue button. There doesn't seem to be a support email, and I personally work in tech support so I'd rather do just about anything than get home from being on the phone troubleshooting all day just do to do it so more. Their support number doesn't have weekend hours. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do about this short of taking the printer out back Office Space style and never purchasing Canon products again? I was very happy with this printer up until now.

12 REPLIES 12

I have to ask you what model they sent you.  You had no input on the replacement model? Just curious.  I did call the tech sprt # but they're closed until Monday for the 4th holiday

greze
Apprentice
It's a ts8220. I didn't read the warranty stuff that clearly, i think it said in the warranty that the replacement wouldn't be the same model. It has the same functions, though

smilestill
Apprentice

Is there no solution for the problem?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements